Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Welcome!

Aside from posting random ramblings of a sleep deprived Seminarian, I want this to be a place where I can finally put into practice the passions God has put on my heart. There are two. The first is radio. I LOVE radio - particularly radio drama (hence my podcast dedicated to Adventures in Odyssey). My other passion is harder to define.

I do my best to be real with people. I think that is one of the most important characteristics a person can have. If I can't be real with other people, how can I expect them to be real with me? If we can't be real with each other, how can we be expected to grow as people, as friends, or as spiritual beings with God? This isn't always easy, and it has caused me many problems over the years, but I think it is worth it. I have learned that when I am real and open about life, then others will be too, and we can get down to the growth that God has for us. It strengthens our relationship with each other and with Christ. Yet this is something that is lacking so severely in the church it is heartbreaking. It is so rare to be able to go to church and be your true self. (Note: this is not a diatribe on the church, but simply an introduction to what I am getting at)

This brings me to my second passion: being able to talk about the things in our lives that the church says is unacceptable. A lot of the time, this means questioning things in the Church - things about the Bible, about liturgy, order of worship, why we believe what we do, apologetics, how we differ from other religions or denominations, morality, why is this ok/not ok, how far is too far and WHY, where does politics fit in, or does it, questions about sex and sexuality especially in marriage and what Scripture says about it, what does the bible say about ____ etc? You name it. If it is a burning question you have had but have had no where to ask it, I want this to be the place. This is not a place to argue or condemn, but to find the truth in issues that for some reason the church has not wanted to discuss for a very long time. I know that I do not have all the answers, nor would I ever claim to. But I want to do my best as I have time to answer these types of questions. Maybe someday I'll have my own radio show dedicated to it, or write a book or something, but until now, it is just us here on this blog. I'll research questions, pray, read the Bible, and ask people much smarter than I am. Once I get my website established, I hope to have a place more organized for things like this. But for now this is what I have. So post here, or if you don't want it in public, send me an email at sarahbkeimig@gmail.com

God bless,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment